Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me... again....

Wow, 2 posts in three days? Its practically a posting frenzy. For your safety, I would recommend keeping your arms and legs inside the browser window....

And yes, as the title would indicate, today is my birthday. Again. Didn't I just have one of the damn things last year? Today I am 35... for roughly the 7th or 8th time, depending on how you wanna do the math. I really dislike birthdays. I really really dislike birthdays. Or maybe I should clarify that. I don't dislike YOUR birthday. Just mine. If it weren't for the fact that my kids get so excited about cooking me dinner and making me a cake, I'd probably try to bypass the whole thing altogether.

My children are cooking me a super secret birthday dinner. My mom clued me in just so I wouldn't accidentally make other plans. (why she thought I'd be making plans when she knows how I feel about birthdays is beyond me, but I guess its better to be safe than sorry) So anyway, my kids are going over to my parents house after school to work on the birthday extravaganza, and I am supposed to show up at the appointed time and act all sorts of surprised. And truthfully, despite my Bah-Humbuginess, I AM excited because THEY are excited. Things have been stressful for them lately, so they need the distraction.

(GASP! I just remembered another blog topic! Maybe later in the week.)

And speaking of watching too much TV... (weren't we?)... if you haven't seen the new show "Pushing Daisies", you really must. Its like Dr Seuss. For grown ups. On crack.

(I don't mean its for grown ups on crack. I mean its like Dr Seuss on crack.)

Anyway, if you aren't into ridiculously quirky, you might not like it. But I think the writing is brilliant and I laugh hysterically every time I watch it.

So that's all I've got for you today. I hope you all have a really great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment