Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

Well, good morning and welcome to another new year! I hope that you are all bright-eyed and hopeful about the fresh new year ahead, and aren't nursing some nasty hangovers.

We had a quiet night at home, which at my age, is really where I'd prefer being on New Years Eve anyway. We watched movies and ate junk food, and I was sound asleep on the couch by 10:30pm.

(you know that feeling when you realize you've turned into your parents? I get that feeling a lot these days)

The girls poked and prodded me a few minutes before midnight so that I wouldn't miss the big event. They had conned me into buying some of those "popper" things where you pull the string and confetti explodes everywhere, so we went out in the front yard and made a big confetti mess. I dared D2 to run around the car screaming "Happy New Year" as loud as she could. (never dare an 11 year old to do anything.) D1 rolled her eyes at me and said "Mom, that is SOOOOO embarrassing" and promptly ran in to the house.

Then, being the big party animals that we are, we promptly went to bed!

The girls are now with their dad, and I'm off to see a movie with my mom. (We're seeing "Juno". I'll let you know how it was!)

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment